The selection of subjects in this list are the absolute bare minimum that is essential to know about at this point in time.
- TTIP (Trans-Atlantic Trade and Investment Partnership)
- Climate Change
- Money – What actually is money and how is it created
- Petro-Dollar – An explanation of US (and hence Western) foreign policy
- Shock Doctrine – The way shocks are used to control the public (book)
- Language and Statistics – The way language and statistics can be used to deceive the public
- Human Behavioral Biology (short, long) – I recommend the long version (40 hour university course)
- Austerity – A political concept prevalent throughout the EU
- Veganism – A critical way of reducing death and suffering, climate change impact, land usage, water usage etc.
- Identity – A possible explanation of why humans resist change and how this effects important issues.
If you contest the choice of subjects or have better articles for them please let me know.